October 16, 2024

Frozen Edges

The weather seems about right for this kind of card!!  It is chilly out today!!  This is the winter/holiday card that I took as a swap when I went to a stamping event a month ago.


It doesn't really show up well in the photo but the snowflakes have been embossed with silver embossing powder.  The layer underneath the Night of Navy is silver and there is a silver border on the sheer white ribbon.  This card really sparkles in person.  

I am ready to snuggle up, but not  ready for snow.  The weather 33 years ago on this day got up to 70° believe it or not.  I remember it vividly as today is Hanna's birthday.  She was also born on a Wednesday.  When we took her home from the hospital the following Saturday it was cold and snowy.  I sure hope the same thing doesn't happen this year.


With all of the stamping and embossing on this card I was glad I only had to make 20 of them.  I love heat embossing but it is messy!!!





I am writing today's post as I sit at the car dealership waiting on my Rav 4 to be serviced.  It's been well over a year since it was serviced but then I didn't really drive it for most of that year.

This afternoon I will be back in Iowa City to have the stitches removed from my nose.  I am ready to be done with bandages on face . . . I hope they think so as well.
 
Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: