September 6, 2024

Spotlight on Nature

Today's card uses the Spotlight on Nature stamp set that is finally back in stock on the Stampin' Up! website.  I received this card in a swap in June but do not remember who brought it.  If this is your card or you remember whose it is please let me know so I can give credit to the right person.  (Luetta just texted me and said this card was hers.  Thanks, Luetta, awesome card!!!)


The colors used in this card are bright and springy but you could easily change it to a fall card by coloring the flowers and stamping the butterfly in a fall color . . . Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and using an Old Olive or Mossy Meadow for the stems and leaves.  If I used those colors I would probably use a Basic Beige for my card base and stamping layer and an Early Espresso for the layer right under the stamped piece.  You could experiment with the third color and ribbon color and see which you liked best.  I thought about then embossing it with the Birch Wood Embossing Folder but I think maybe I would like this one better.




Today brings another doctor's appointment for John later this afternoon.  This one is at the eye clinic and they are certainly not speed merchants so we will probably be there for a while. 

It will be an early night for me tonight to get rested up for the Iowa/Iowa State football game tomorrow.  I am planning on both tailgating and walking to the stadium in addition to attending the game.  I am sure I will be tired when I get home tomorrow night.  I doubt if I post a card tomorrow because I have to be in Iowa City relatively early so we can get everyone in to the tailgate parking lot.
Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: