September 14, 2024

Changing Leaves

Today's card uses the Changing Leaves stamp set along with the coordinating Hybrid Changing Leaves 3D Embossing Folder and Dies.

                              

Most of the cards I have seen made with this stamp set have been fallish cards but as you can see it works great for spring and summer cards as well.

I first stamped the leaves on the Thick Basic White card base using Pool Party ink which has been stamped off a couple of times.  I then took a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock and embossed it with the Changing Leaves Hybrid Embossing Folder.  Then I stamped the large leaf image in Shaded Spruce ink and cut it out with the Changing Leaves Dies.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink, cut it out with the same dies, and wound some Linen Thread underneath it.  To finish it off, I added some Iridescent Pearls around.



Today is a tailgating, football kind of day.  Hanna needs to be in Iowa City on Sunday and Monday for a school conference so she is coming earlier on Saturday so that she can tailgate and go to the football game with me.  It has been a lot of years since we have attended an Iowa game together.  I sure hope the weather cooperates with us, although with my seats this year it doesn't make that much difference if it is sunny or rainy.

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: