June 1, 2024

Light the Sky

When it was time to come up with a swap for this weekend's Demo Day, I knew I wanted to do something a little different than a Cards in the Mail card. I had seen a technique somewhere while scrolling and decided to give it a try. The sample I saw used pastel colors, but since I knew I would be needing a 4th of July birthday card and these inks were on my table, I decided to use them.


I started this card by inking up the front of the embossing folder with Real Red Ink.  I then took a clear block and put some Night of Navy ink on it.  I sprayed a little water on the block with a Stampin' Mister and let it dribble into the embossing folder over the red ink.  I then took my piece of white cardstock, put it in the folder and ran it though my Stampin' Cut & Emboss.  The white cardstock was a little damp when I took it out of the folder so I set it aside to dry.  If you don't want to wait for it to dry you can always give it a few passes with the Heat & Emboss Tool.  I then layered my card, added my sentiment, and embellishments and my card was done.  Not sure how well they will go over, but it was a fun technique to try.  I want to try one with pastel colors when I get home.




I can't believe it, but I actually made it to Wisconsin.  We made a little side trip to the Dells so my friend could pick some things up and got back to Janesville about 5:00 PM.  We dropped out stuff off at out Airbnb and went in search of some supper.  After supper we stopped at a grocery store to pick up a few things and headed back to our house.  It is now after 9:00 PM and I am actually still awake and not all tired!!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: