December 27, 2016

Card Collections

I think I might have shared before about my niece who is also undergoing cancer treatments and has been doing so for a couple of years.  On January 7th, they are having a fund raiser in her hometown.  I know she likes my cards as she had asked me to make some for her.  You can read about that here.  I decided to donate some handmade cards for her auction.


I made up four bundles, each one containing 15 cards.  The packaging isn't very glamorous, but it is more about what is in the packaging.


Hanna and I mailed off these four collections this morning.  None of the four collections are the same and they each have a variety of birthday, thank you, friendship, and sympathy cards.


My hopes are that I will be able to attend the benefit on January 7th, but realistically I doubt it will be possible.  I do love the fact though, that I can take something I love to do and help other people with some of the things that I make.

The last few days have been a whirlwind of activity.  The girls and I went shopping for a little while yesterday morning and combined with all the excitement of Christmas, it is making itself evident.  This should be my tired week and tired I definitely am!!  I am hoping the extra medicine they gave me last Wednesday will prevent my counts from dipping really low but that shall remain to be seen.   I would love to be in my stamping room, but that will probably have to wait till after the first of the year as well.

Hanna left a couple of hours ago and I don't think I have moved an inch in my recliner since she pulled out of the driveway.  Good thing there are a lot of college football games on right now, because  I don't intend on doing much this week!!


Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!! 

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: