October 9, 2016

Hardest Stamping Project Ever

Earlier this fall I undertook one of the hardest stamping projects I could ever imagine.  My niece, Sarah, texted me and said she had a big favor to ask of me.    A little background information will help to understand why this was such a big favor.  Sarah is currently undergoing treatment for her fourth cancer diagnosis.  Her third diagnosis came about 16 months ago when she was pregnant with her first child.  Despite undergoing chemotherapy while pregnant, Abbie was born last September, and is absolutely perfect in every way.  Now, a little over a year later, Sarah is facing major surgery to remove her left lung to try and rid her body of this disease once and for all.  She prefaced her request by telling me I might need some tissues.  You see, she and her husband had decided that she should fill out cards for all of Abbie's milestones in case she wasn't here in person to celebrate them with her.  She needed birthday cards age 2-21, two graduation cards, and a wedding card.


I assured Sarah that I could certainly do that for her.  I definitely understood how she felt, as I have struggled with that myself since receiving my own diagnosis.  But my children are grown and successful adults . . . . not a one year old with her whole life in front of her.

Even though, I assured Sarah I would have her cards for her before she needed them, I procrastinated . . . had a talk with myself . . . . and then got to work.  I had my kleenex with me while working on these cards, and believe me they were used.  But my part was easy . . . . Sarah had the extremely hard part . . . . filling them out.  You can read about that here.  Sarah's surgery is tomorrow and I am sure she would appreciate prayers and well wishes if you are so inclined.  



Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!! 


Happy Stamping!!

No comments: