January 3, 2017

Blood Clots, Low Counts, and Transfusions, Oh My!!!

It has been an interesting couple of weeks.  Since December 10th I have had three emergency room visits, six other doctor visits, and numerous phone calls with the ER staff and On Call Oncology doctors.  Why is it that problems never happen during regular business hours???  First off I want to say that I have been extremely blessed during the course of my treatment, because I know the whole five months could have been like this and I have only had to deal with this for about a month!!  Definitely answered prayers!!!  

My reactions to my last two chemos have dropped my counts dangerously low each time.  This last time was the worst . . . . where I had practically no immunity for anything.  I ended up needing a blood transfusion and also they stopped the treatment for the blood clot in my leg which was diagnosed in November.  This ended up being a mistake because I developed another and even bigger clot this time.  After an ER visit they decided to start me back on a half dose of the blood thinning medicine but this clot is so painful that I can hardly walk.  I am hoping that changes SOON!!  While I was at the ER for that visit they told me I had a fever, which I did not realize and has persisted off and on for  three or four days.  There are no infections so the best they can guess it is caused by the blood clot, or maybe a reaction to the transfusion I had.  Meanwhile my counts are climbing slowly, but I am not at all sure when I will feel like going into my stamping room and I really want to share all of the exciting new products that will be available starting tomorrow in the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs.  So I decided to use the resources that Stampin' Up! provides for us and will be sharing some videos of the new products until I can get my feet back under me (literally and figuretively) and get back to my stamp room.

We are going to start with the Birthday Bright Project Kit.







My goal is to share a video everyday until I regain enough strength to make some of my own projects again.  At least starting today the will is there just not the way!!  Hopefully that will come soon!!




Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!! 

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: