February 3, 2024

Heartfelt Hellos

I thought I could resume posting here on a daily basis, but life had other plans. As I was reminded multiple times this week, dealing with cancer is an ever-changing journey. Unfortunately, my plans took an unexpected turn and I ended up spending a week in the hospital due to blood clots and fevers. I wish my path to recovery was more predictable, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

We'll try again . . . 

Who says Valentine's cards have to be red, pink, and white.  This cool Valentine's Card uses Boho Blue and white and I love it.  This card is one that I was supposed to make in January at a Stampin' Sister's Demo Day.  Because of the weather, my friend and I were unable to attend but we did receive all of the cards that were made and this is one of them.


If you haven't looked at the Poetic Expressions Designer Series paper in the January-April 2024 Mini Catalog, you really should.  It is full of awesome soft subtle patterns like this one that make the perfect layering pieces on your cards.  Go check it out here!!


Stamps: Heartfelt Hellos
Cardstock: Boho Blue, Basic White
Designer Series Paper: Poetic Expressions
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories:  Thoughtful Expressions Dies, Hooray For Surprises Dies, 
Rainbow Adhesive Backed Dots, 
Stampin' Dimensionals


There is nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed after several nights in the hospital.  I know I made numerous trips back and forth to the bathroom whether I needed to or not just because I could do so independently.  Each time I would get up to walk it was less and less painful so I am hoping to soon ditch my walker again.  I was given strict instructions when I left the hospital yesterday to rest, take it easy, and not be out in public unless absolutely necessary so as not to delay my transplant again.  I think I will listen to them.  I do have several stamping projects that I would like to get done before readmission, so maybe I can work on some of those!!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: