October 16, 2022

Blessing of Home

Today I have used the Annual Idea Book and Catalog stamp set, Blessings of Home, to make this card to share with you.  This is one of the cards everyone stamping with me last Monday night got to make.


I had never used the masking paper and decided this would be a good card to try it out on.  I put two strips down on either side of the white cardstock and proceeded to lay down some color using the blending brushes.  When I pulled the masking paper up I had the two crisp clean lines shown here.  I will certainly be using the making paper more in the future.  It sure beats trying to lay out Post-It-Notes in a straight line!!


Stamps: Blessingsome of 
Cardstock: Basic Black, Old Olive, Basic White
Designer Series Paper: Design a Daydream
Ink: Memento Black, Tranquil Tide, Old Olive, Sweet Sorbet
Accessories:  Masking Paper, Matte Black Dots, Blending Brushes, 
Stamping Dimensionals

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty interesting day.  Our 30+-year-old furnace got a clean bill of health so off I went to Iowa City.  The stitching store in the Quad Cities turned out to be a not-so-great store, but we had a great time anyway on our road trip and did not get lost once.  I got home just in time to watch some baseball.  John decided he was a little chilly so we turned our recently checked-out furnace up and low and behold it would not come on!!  After debating whether this was an emergency or not, I decided to call and just ask if this would pose a health problem, and Jeremy from Kuenster's Plumbing and Heating said it wasn't dangerous, but we might get kind of cold and he sent someone right over to check it out.  I love the service and help that they provide!!  It just turned out to be some condensate from the cleaning which happens sometimes.  We got fixed up and stayed warm and toasty after that.  I love the service that this local company provides!!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: