November 10, 2020

Nature's Beauty

The second technique we worked with last Thursday at Technique/Stamp Club was a stamped embossing folder.  I have seen this technique used with many different stamp sets, but I chose to use the deer from Nature's Beauty.  Deer are certainly beautiful when they are in the woods or fields, not so much on roads!!



I wanted a subtle blue color for the background so I tried the Balmy Blue ink pad and realized it was way to bright and intense for the look I wanted.  I then tried the Balmy Blue ink with our sponge brayers and was amazed at the difference it made.  It was the exact blue I was looking for.


Stamps: Nature's Beauty, Gather Together
Cardstock: Whisper White Thick, Soft Suede, Whisper White 
Ink: Balmy Blue, Soft Suede
Accessories: Woodland Embossing Folder, Banners  Triple Punch, 
Sponge Brayers, Linen Thread, 
Stampin' Dimensionals

Hopefully things are back to normal at the Wilson household after a bout with a couple of kidney stones and an all day ER visit for John on Sunday.  He is much more comfortable now and a couple of good nights of sleep have helped both of us tremendously.  I'm a pretty patient hospital sitter, but towards the end even I was getting a little antsy.  

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: