November 29, 2020

Coming Home

Yesterday I worked on a very special to me project.  Every year since John had his accident I have taken something to the SICU staff on the Monday after Thanksgiving as a thank you because that is when they worked especially hard and resuscitated him a couple of times.  Without them, we would not have what we have now and I like to thank them for their part in that.  I know the staff is not all the same, but they are working just as hard helping other families like they helped us.


I did not think I was going to be able to do anything this year because of the visitor restrictions at the hospital, but thanks to a friend of mine that works there, it is still going to happen.  I usually take a fruit basket and some cookies, but this year I knew it had to be different because of COVID.  So I turned to my crafting and decided to make many little individually wrapped decorated treats.  I started with wrapped Hershey candy bars.  I saw this idea on a site I follow...Creative Corner.


A 6" X 6" piece of designer series paper perfectly wraps the Hershey bar.  I made all twenty of these yesterday, including the die cutting and the coloring in one half of a football game, so you can see they come together pretty easily.


Stamps: Coming Home, Poinsettia Petals
Designer Series Paper: Tis the Season
Ink: Memento Black
Stampin' Blends:  Real Red Combo Pack, Balmy Blue Combo Pack, 
Old Olive Combo Pack
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Dies, 
3/8" Silver Metallic Edged Ribbon,  
White Tulle Polka Dot Ribbon

After delivering the bag of goodies to my friend this afternoon so she can take it with her tomorrow, my plan is to finish planning the next Cards in the Mail Class.  I am throwing in an extra Christmas cards in the mail tomorrow since there are five Mondays in November.


Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: