November 16, 2017

Be Merry Kit

Tuesday afternoon and yesterday morning I finished working on my project for the Festival of Trees.  I used the Be Merry Ornament kit from the holiday catalog. 



I started with a pile that looked like this.  Everything I needed to make the ornaments was in the kit except a hot glue gun, glue sticks, and Stampin' Dimensionals.


My tree is only 3 feet tall so I used one whole kit and half of another one.



I like it much better in the dark when the lights are twinkling, but then that is pretty much true of any Christmas tree.


I had gotten some red tinsel to put on it, but decided that was too messy so I made some garland out of white baker's twine, a 7/8" scalloped punch and the Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper.


Here is a close up of each of the ornaments.  


They are much prettier in person.

 


All in all I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  I am not a very good tree decorator  . . . Julie and Hanna are much better at that . . . but I do really like the ornaments.  I have six left over from the second kit and have something in mind for those as well!!  Hope to post pictures of that soon.




Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!! 

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: