June 13, 2021

Artistically Inked

Another technique we worked with last Thursday night was what I called Blending Brushes Twofer.  Here is one of the cards we made.  My friend, Luetta, had borrowed this stamp set and dies while I was in Hawaii and she and her mom had made several cards with it.  This is one of those cards. When she sent it I knew it would be perfect for a technique class.


I have used this technique before with either our sponges or our sponge daubers, but the Blending Brushes make it SO much easier.  The hardest part of this whole technique was making sure I had all of the little pieces out of the die-cut before I started sponging.  You want to be sure that you have all of the negative spaces available to pick up the color you are using.


Stamps:   Artistically Inked
Cardstock: Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green, Basic White
Ink: Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody
Accessories:  Artistic Dies, Blending Brushes, 
Opal Rounds, 
Stampin' Dimensionals

I spent a significant amount of time in my stamping room yesterday morning and early afternoon.  I am working on a project to use up a lot of my retired designer series paper and In-Colors.  I am making simple, easily mass-produced cards to donate to Hanna and Jake's church.  They go through a lot of cards, and I love to make cards so it seemed like a perfect idea.  I got about 75 of them done yesterday and hope to get a lot more done in the next two weeks.

Today, before I work on that project, I need to get everything cut and ready to go for tomorrow night's Make-It-Monday so I can stuff the envelopes while watching the Cubs on TV tonight!  

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: