January 26, 2015

Today is a very long post as I was asked to participate in a creative blog hop so be sure to read to the very end.

I have two cards to share with you today . . . both of them my Leadership swaps.  They are basically the same card just with different card stock and designer paper.  I didn't have enough of either designer paper to make all of them that I wanted to take.



Stamps:  Painted Petals
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, 
Irresistibly Yours DSP, Stacked With Love DSP Stack
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Memento Black
Accessories:  Tea Lace Doilies, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Scallop Oval Punch, 
Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge

I would be hard pressed to say which I like the best.  I have to thank Hanna for her suggestions when I showed her the original card.  Leave me a comment and let me know which one you prefer and I will choose one responder to receive a package of Basic Rhinestone Jewels.


I was asked to do a Stampin' Up! ® Blog Hop from a fellow demonstrator friend. . . Susie Wood.  You can check out her blog:  Stamp With Susie--http://www.stampwithsusie.blogspot.com

I was then asked to answer the following questions--

1.  What are you working on?

I am a retired school teacher so my days are pretty free.  I try to spend some time in my stamp room everyday.  I have two different stamp nights and one technique club every month, so I am always trying to plan ahead and have things ready for those classes.  One thing I would like to try to do is spend more time stamping cards for my own personal use and then of course remember to send them out.

2.  How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I am not sure my work really does differ from others.  I like lots of layers and embellishments on my cards, so if I see a layout or a card I like when I am browsing on line I usually add another layer or embellishments to it.

3.  Why do you create what you do?

My creating is usually dependent on what classes I have coming up and also what time of the year it is.  I do have two different stamp nights each month where we make 6 different cards each time as well as a technique club.  In my technique club we learn two different techniques each month.  We are making a technique book using the project life album pages and then we make two cards using the techniques we have learned.



4.  How does your creativity process work?

I decide what I need cards for, what stamp sets and supplies I have and the needs of my stampers.  Then I just start stamping.  I am lucky in that I have a daughter that loves the creative process and a husband who is an artist and retired art teacher.  I show them my cards and either make changes or not.  Like my daughter says . . . when we create together you would never know we like each other, but we do like the finished projects.

The next part of the blog hop was for me to give you links to two other Stampin' Up! ® demonstrators that have blogs, however other than Susie I really don't know any others with blogs.  So, you can go to her blog and work backwards to see some awesome stampers.

Everyday is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!






  

 

No comments: