December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

As I sit here on Christmas Eve morning, looking out at the snow falling, I am hoping we do not get enough to build on of these guys!!!  I'm pretty sure I have said it before and I will say it again . . . I love snow on cards . . . not so much on roads.  This Christmas card came to me from my stamping friend . . . Linda.



I also received this card from my stamping friend, Sandi.



Opening up again to lovely snow on a card!!



My shopping trip with Julie was very successful and I finished up all of the things I need to buy.  I am totally ready for Christmas, although we are not celebrating until next weekend as Hanna is in California, with her boyfriend, meeting all of his family.

Today I have a very important thing to do and I sure hope the snow and roads do not keep me from doing it.  Every year since 2005, Hanna and I have taken food up to the Surgical Intensive Care Patients Waiting Room and to the staff (doctors, nurses, clerical, and support staff) in the Surgical Intensive Care unit.  I will go by myself today because I know what it is like to have a loved one in this unit on Christmas and the special things the staff do and the time they spend away from their families on Christmas to care for the loved ones in this unit.  I want the patients' families to know someone is thinking about them and praying for them during this difficult time and for the staff to know just how much their efforts are appreciated!!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!! 

Happy Stamping!!, 

No comments: