July 30, 2018

Flourishing Framelits

I am getting somewhat of a later start today . . . but with good reason!!  More on that at the bottom of the post.   I struggled and struggled to come up with a special wedding card for Jake and Hanna.  Last week when I was looking for a wedding picture of my mom and dad that Hanna wanted I came across the wedding card and advice that my dad had made and given John and I when we got married and all of a sudden the idea popped into my head,  The sentiment "Marriage is a Journey" went perfectly with what I put inside.



Because I had a lot to put in the inside I made this card a little bigger . . . more like 5" X 7".  They laughed at the grocery store when I went down and bought a $0.50 card because I wanted the envelope!!


Stamps: Flourishing Phrases
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Memento Black Ink
Accessories: Flourish Thinlit Dies, Layering Circle Framelits, 
Gently Falling Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 
 corner sPearl Basic Jewels, Fine Tip Glue Pen




What is this you might ask?  It is the empty corner that has been wedding corner central since the first of the year.  Kind of symbolic of empty nest syndrome!!!  But you raise your kids to be independent thriving adults and that is just what happened!!

This weekend was everything we could have asked for and more!!  The weather was perfect, the bride was beautiful, and we had more friends and family bless us with their presence than we could have ever thought possible!!  I put my phone away and just lived in the moment because I did not want to see everything through the little lens of my camera, so there are no pictures coming from me!!  But I have more wonderful memories in my head than I can replay in a long time!!

Now . . . what am I going to do with all my free time . . . this week I am going to rest, rest, rest!!

Everyday is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you ahem been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!





No comments: