September 27, 2021

Jar Ring Pumpkins

One of the things I have always wanted to try was making a jar ring pumpkin. The ones I had always seen were where you painted the jar rings with orange paint.  When I saw one online a while ago made with the Harvest Meadow designer series paper I knew this was the year to do it.



It took me a while to find the jar rings because most places were out of them for quite some time.  I also did not want to take them for a craft project when I knew people needed them for the actual canning of their produce.


When I finally found them at an Amish store around me I could not remember if I needed the regular rings or the wide mouth rings so of course I bought both and had to try both.  This is the wide-mouth ring pumpkin.  I used eighteen rings on this one.


I would have to say that I think the regular jar ring pumpkin is my favorite.  It uses fifteen of the rings.  I do like the touch of blue in the larger one, but I have enough rings left that I could certainly make a smaller one with some blue in it.  And as my daughters are fond of telling me, you need things grouped in odd numbers, so three pumpkins would be perfect.




Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Soft Suede
Designer Series Paper: Harvest Meadow
Accessories: Intricate Leaves Dies, Shimmery Crustal Effects, Multipurpose Glue
Tear & Tape, Simply Elegant Trim


Today I need to finish getting stuff ready for Make-It-Monday tonight.  I slacked off yesterday and did not get it all done, so today is the day!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: