November 23, 2021

Love of Leaves

Today I have used the designer series paper, Beauty of the Earth, and the Love of Leaves stamp set to create this friendship card to share with you.


I started with a larger than normal card base . . . 11" X 5.5" and scored it so that it is a fun fold card.  I only put dimensionals on the right-hand side of the layered sentiment piece so that the left-hand flap can tuck under it and keep the card closed.


The Timber 3D Embossing Folder is the perfect folder for this card as it carries the "woodsy" feel throughout the whole card.  Yes . . . this card uses more than the usual amount of cardstock, but I sure do think it is worth it!!


Stamps: Love of Leaves
Cardstock: Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze, Basic White
Designer Series Paper: Beauty of the Earth
Ink: Cajun Craze
Accessories:  Stitched Leaves Dies, Hippo & Friends Dies, 
Timber 3D Embossing Folder, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, 
Mini Glue Dots, 
Stampin' Dimensionals

Life is all about the unexpected . . . there was no post yesterday as I had to take John to an unexpected doctor's appointment for his legs and it ended up taking most of the day.  The good news is that since we acted early we only had to make one trip to the doctor this week as they could get everything done yesterday and that while it will take a while to clear up the problem, we averted anything worse or nasty.  I was fully expecting them to admit him to the hospital when we headed to Iowa City, but luckily that was not the case.  

I hope today is going to be a day of rest after an early morning salon appointment. . . and the gal that cleans for me is going to help me get our Christmas decorations out of the basement.  I always look forward to putting out the decorations for the year!!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: