May 6, 2022

Nature's Prints

Last night was the first Thursday of the month and we started back up with Technique/Stamp Club. One of the "techniques" we worked with was coloring embossed images.  I love the Fern 3D Embossing Folder so it was a great one to choose to use.


The top left card uses the sponge daubers to add color to the embossed piece and the bottom right uses a Blender Brush to add color to the embossed image.


I like them both.  The Sponge Daubers give you a much brighter bolder color.


The Blending Brushes give you a much softer look.  The trick to using the Blender Brushes is to start adding color by starting off of the embossed piece of cardstock so that you do not get a dark blob when you first start brushing.  We decided last night that we liked them both but probably liked the bolder image a little bit better.


Stamps:  Nature's Prints
Cardstock: Evening Evergreen, Basic White, Gold Foil
Ink: Evening Evergreen
Accessories: Fern 3D Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers, Blending Brushes, 
Label Me Fancy Punch, 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds, 
Stampin' Dimensionals

Today brings another physical therapy session and hopefully some cardstock cutting.  John came up with a great solution yesterday so that I can spend more time in my craft room without my knee and leg getting tired so I am anxious to try it out today.  I have a lot I want to get done so I am hoping it really works out great.

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: