December 31, 2020

Happiest of Birthdays

Once again Plaid Tidings to the rescue with another pattern for a great guy birthday card!!  And once again, it reminds me of a flannel shirt John used to wear . . .  he had many many of them!!


This is another one of  the Guy Cards in the mail cards.  There is not a lot of embellishment on them because guy cards realistically probably don't need it!!


Stamps: Happiest of Birthdays
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Mango Melody, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Plaid Tidings
Ink: Cajun Craze
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Braided Linen Trim, 
Mini Glue Dots, 
Stampin' Dimensionals

Wow!!  What a great couple of days celebrating with the kids.  It did include an impromptu overnight stay at the motel in Kalona on Tuesday night.  While John and I might have made it home with the roads I knew there was no way we could make it up our driveway with the amount of snow we received, so we decided to play it safe and just stay in Kalona.  Even at that it was an adventure getting the card dug out after the plows had gone by . . . glad it was Jason and Jake doing it rather than me!!  Great time spent with family, too much food, games and movies, and of course presents pretty much sums up the days.  You would have been hard pressed to know that we were in a community center when the girls got done decorating.


We started the morning with a reading of The Night Before Christmas.  They were all taking bets on if I could get through it with out my eyes leaking . . . I just put on my teacher hat and away we went!!  I had read that story so many times I didn't even need the words.


And what family outing would be complete with out our stack picture!!  



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our house to yours!!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: