June 19, 2022

Botanical Layers

Today I have used my favorite technique, Joseph's Coat, to make this card to share with you.  This is a card I took to the stampin' day in Wisconsin as a swap.  It is also one I saw on a site I follow . . . . Flowerbug's Inkspot.  I originally saw it on Pinterest and traced it back to her site.


Over the years I have changed how I how do the Jacob's Coat technique.  I started out by using a brayer to put the dark ink over the embossed images.  When we no longer sold the brayers, I went to sponging the dark ink on.  That was super messy.  Now I just take my Memento Ink, in this case, and rub it all over the embossed images.  Much easier and way less messy!!!


Stamps: Botanical Layers, Lovely & Lasting
Cardstock: Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, Basic White
Designer Series Paper: 2022-2024 In Color 6" X 6"
Ink: Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Barty, Bermuda Bay, Memento Black
Accessories:  All That Dies, Versamark, Basics Embossing Powders, 
Heat Tool, Blending Brushes, Iridescent Pearl Jewels, 
1/8" Tahitian Tide Metalic Woven Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, 
Stampin' Dimensionals

We had a great time at Hanna and Jake's yesterday!!  The weather was perfect and we spent a lot of time outdoors.  Jake's mom was there as well and it was good to spend some time with her.  I do have my work cut out for me today as Hanna has a pretty extensive rhubarb patch and I brought quite a bit home with me.  I am planning on making a rhubarb crisp with some of it and freezing the rest of it to use this winter.  To say I was thrilled to get some would be an understatement!!

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: