March 5, 2021

Butterfly Brilliance

Last night was the first Thursday of the month so that means it was Technique/Stamp Club night.  Lately I have been trying to do one fun fold and a technique.  Yesterday my friend, Susie, posted a card that used a Diagonal Gate Fold, so I decided to give that one a try.


I knew I wanted to use the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper, however if I were to do it again I would choose a paper that does not have a definite top and bottom.  The folding and cutting was not hard at all, but since I am somewhat spatially challenged, it took me a while to figure out how to always have my flowers growing upwards.  Now that I have done it several times it should come easier.


This is such a cool opening to a card and as the ladies said last night . . . "I'm saving this card for someone special!"


Stamps: Butterfly Brilliance, Art Gallery
Cardstock: Night of Navy, White
Designer Series Paper: Hydrangea Hill
Ink: Memento Black, Pool Party, Night of Navy
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings Dies, Layering Circles Dies,  Stitched Shapes Dies, 
Blending Brushes,Holiday Rhinestone Jewels, 
Stampin' Dimensionals

As soon as I am done posting this I am going to gather up a ton of supplies and head to Iowa City to spend the weekend stamping.  My friend, Christy, and I were supposed to be heading to Illinois this weekend to a Sister's Stamping Retreat, but it ended up being a virtual retreat.  We decided to get together and watch the Zoom gatherings and stamp our projects.  Not as fun as being there in person . . . but who knows . . . we may decide we like this better.

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: