May 5, 2016

Helping Me Grow

Tonight is the first Thursday of the month so it is again Technique/Stamp Club night.  Tonight one of the techniques we are going to use is white craft ink watercoloring.  I love the soft look that is gives the flowers and also the ability to stamp them on colored paper and then give them some other color.



I think these turned out so pretty . . . I am anxious to try it with other colors of ink.  The Helping Me Grow set lends itself to this technique perfectly!!


Stamps: Helping Me Grow
Yardstick: Whisper White Thick, Lost Lagoon, Crumb Cake
Designer Series Paper: 
Ink: Versamark, White Craft, Lost Lagoon, and Old Olive Re-inkers
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 
AquaPainter, Thick White Baker's Twine, Basic Pearl Jewels

You might notice the odd placement of the pearls on the right side of the card . . . this was a happy accident!!  I dripped a little of the white wash on the cardstock so used it as an opportunity to embellish.  No mistakes in stamping . . . only happy accidents!!

My craft room is once again somewhat cleaned up from the flurry of graduation card and sympathy card making, so I could move on to other projects.  It doesn't seem to matter how big a space I have to stamp in, I end up with only a very small useable space.  I really do need to get batter at having a larger space to stamp!!

I am taking my friend, Judy, to an appointment again today and then will stay in town until stamp club, tonight.  I had planned on walking this morning but 37 degrees was a bit brisk for me to want to get outside and walk!!  Hopefully soon the mornings will be warmer!!


Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!! 

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: