June 2, 2018

Wedding Invitations Part 1

Since Hanna has now sent out her invitations and I know people have received them, I can share them with you.  


The basic design for the invites came about back in March when we were on our way home from Kansas City.  

 

There were several details that she wanted to include with the invite but did not want on the actual invitation.  So we decided to have extra information on two inserts.  Once we got that all done, I wanted to have some way of keeping it all together in the envelope so the idea of a belly band was formed.  The hardest part of the whole invite was trying to decide what to put on the belly band.  I had several packages of doilies left from the save the dates so we decided to incorporate that into the design.  Then came the struggle . . . what to put on the doily.  We tried initials, we tried leaving it plain, we tried intricate die cut designs (vetoed by mom as too much work), and we tried several other things.  As I was driving home I remembered this new stamp set I was dieing to use that came in my pre-order  . . . so I stamped one up and Hanna loved it!!  Thank goodness for text messaging and face time!!  1532 motions of the stamp and 760 circle punches later we had our design.  I am super pleased with the final results!!


Stamps:  Abstract Impressions
Cardstock: Whisper White Thick, Wisteria Wonder (Retired), Whisper White
Ink: Wisteria Wonder (Retired), Elegant Eggplant (Retired)
Accessories: Delicate Designs Embossing Folder (Retired), 
Big Shot, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 
2" Circle Punch, Lace Doilies (Retired)

Rain . . . boy do we need it as well as the cooler temperatures!! Today's plans include graduation parties, errand running, stamping, and Cubs.  A perfect day!!


Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: