February 20, 2022

Whiskey Business

Today I have used the stamp set, Whiskey Business, to create this card to share with you.  It is one I have had in mind since our trip to the Citrus Bowl back on the first of January, and one I have just gotten around to making for one of my brother's birthdays which was the middle of January.  I am notoriously slow with birthday cards!!


The In Good Taste Designer Series Paper was perfect for the look I was trying to achieve.  We don't have a lot of papers for masculine cards but this package has quite a few.  I achieved the glassy look on the decanter by covering it with the glue from the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  I put on a pretty heavy layer of the glue and it dried clear.  I did use a retired Stampin' Blend, Mango Melody because it gave me the color amber that I was looking for.


Stamps: Whiskey Business
Cardstock: Cinnamon Cider, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: In Good taste
Ink: Memento Black
Stampin' Blends: Mango Melody Combo Pack (Retired), Cinnamon Cider Combo Pack, Pumpkin Pie Combo Pack
Accessories:  Fine Tip Glue Pen,
Stampin' Dimensionals

Our trip to Adel yesterday was a lot of fun.  We visited, ate lunch at the Mexican restaurant in town, opened birthday and belated Christmas presents, and generally had a great time.  It is amazing to see how the kids have grown since they came home in August.  Johan read a book to me in English and we listened to him play a couple of songs on the keyboard he got for Christmas.  They are really settling in well.

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: