September 8, 2017

Coffee Cafe

As per usual, my day yesterday did not go as planned . . . more on that below. So I thought these were perfect for today.  This is another set of the little K-cup holders I have made in the last couple of weeks.



I think by now I could probably make them in my sleep as I have made well over 150 of them.  There is a framelit that will cut out the paper cups with the wrappers on them, but it was just as easy for me to fussy cut them as long as I was fussy cutting the other cups.


Stamps: Coffee Cafe
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Coffee Break
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Layering Circles Framelits, Stitched Shaped Framelits, 
Big Shot, Paper Snips, 
Stampin Dimensionals, 
(retired ribbon that happened to match)

What started out as a couple of routine questions to my oncology nurse in preparation for my appointment on the 18th, ended up being a day spent at the hospital yesterday.  My leg has been extremely painful lately and keeping me up at night so I asked what I could do to help alleviate the pain.  Because of the previous three blood clots, they wanted to evaluate it right away. When I mentioned that my shoulder was still giving me fits they thought it needed to be evaluated for a blood clot as well.  My appointment with the doctor was at 8:30, but unfortunately they could not get me in to ultrasound until 2:00 in the afternoon and then I had to go back to see the doctor after that.  So I did what every good crafter would do . . . I went and shopped for supplies and then decided to get my nails done.  The good news is that there are no new clots, just the chronic obstructions from the others, and I need to continue to let them know whenever it feels different or is more painful, because it always needs to be evaluated.  In the best news though . . . my labs look better than they have since this whole thing started and there is still no signs of the lymphoma returning.  So John and I decided to celebrate so we went to Red Lobster for supper with another couple we have been going out with lately.  Not what I planned for yesterday,  but a good day all in all!! 

Every day is a gift . . . make the most of the gift you have been given today!! 

Happy Stamping!!

No comments: